Throughout my career, I have worked on numerous content editing, copy-editing, proofreading, and fact-checking projects for national and regional consumer magazines, as well as for children’s and adult nonfiction book publishers.
Here are some of the services I can provide to you:
- Content editing: If you’ve already got copy written (perhaps by multiple authors), I can be an objective second eye to ensure the copy is clear and adheres to your organization’s editorial style and branding messages.
- Proofreading and copy-editing: I am known for my excellent attention to detail and I am a stickler for consistency. I can proofread or copy-edit your print or digital publications to help make them error-free.
- Fact-checking: Getting the facts right helps your audience trust your brand and maintain a positive impression of your brand. I can confirm you’ve got the correct URLs, names, dates, details, and more before your publications go to the printer or go live online.
Past Publications I’ve Edited
The following are a few examples of magazines and books that I’ve worked on as a staff or freelance editor, copy editor, or proofreader.
- The Artist’s Magazine
- Better Homes and Gardens’ 100 Decorating Ideas Under $100
- Better Homes and Gardens’ 100 Ideas Flea Market Style
- Better Homes and Gardens’ 100 Ideas Makeover Style
- Better Homes and Gardens’ 100 Ideas Real Rooms
- Family Circle
- Family Tree Magazine
- Family Tree Sourcebook
- Home Decor Sewing
- Knit It!
- Mount Mary Magazine
- My College Guide
- Scrapbooks, etc.
- Scrapbooks, etc. Celebrations
- Scrapbooks, etc. Techniques
- Simply Creative Weddings
- 100 Years: A Photographic History of Iowa State University’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- The Genealogist’s U.S. History Pocket Reference
- The Family Tree German Genealogy Guide
- Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com
- How to Archive Family Photos