Last year, I wrote a blog post about the projects I worked on the prior year because I often get asked, “So you’re a freelancer. What do you really do?”
This year, I’m continuing this new tradition of taking a look back at the previous year as I begin a new one. 2015 was a year full of many professional and personal milestones for me, including the writing and publishing of my first book and the birth of my first child.
In 2015, I completed the following projects for clients:
- wrote and published a 240-page book, Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org
- wrote 65 blog posts/articles for websites
- wrote 24 articles for magazines and newsletters
- edited 49 magazine articles
- wrote lessons for a new online genealogy course
- wrote application generation campaigns for a higher education client (including 40 emails, 2 postcards, 4 letters, and 2 campaign website landing pages)
- wrote product sales copy for 11 products
- wrote and edited content for 15 miscellaneous projects (including nonfiction book editing and indexing and updating lessons for an online genealogy course)
I also wrote several blog posts on my own websites, maintained the @DanasCreative Twitter feed, and worked with my publisher to market my new book through activities such as developing a contact list, writing story pitches to publications, writing blog posts, and setting up an Amazon.com author page and a GoodReads author page. In addition, I took maternity leave to get to know my new daughter.
As I look back, I again feel blessed to have had many amazing opportunities this year. Thank you to all of my clients for allowing me to work on your projects. It is a pleasure to serve my clients, and I look continuing to meeting their writing and editing needs in the coming year.
ABOUT DANA MCCULLOUGH
Dana McCullough is a freelance writer and editor who frequently writes, edits, copy-edits, and proofreads content for magazines, blogs, websites, books, and more. She is the owner of Dana’s Creative Services and author of the Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org. Twitter:@DanasCreative